IP Video Surveillance
Most companies are accustomed to the traditional, analog, closed circuit television (CCTV), which requires its own co-axial copper network, and uses established broadcast television formats such as NTSC and PAL. Internet Protocol (IP) cameras employed for surveillance, unlike CCTV cameras, can send and receive data via a customer’s existing computer network and the Internet, using the ubiquitous IP platform.
There are several potential advantages to utilizing IP Video Surveillance rather than CCTV:
- Cost-effectiveness: This technology is based on open standards, non-proprietary equipment, and as such reduces both management and equipment costs, as well as infrastructure costs when leveraging existing IP networks
- Two-way audio via a single network cable allows users to have interactive communication with video feed
- Higher Image Resolution: IP Cameras can provide higher image resolution, with a range of at least 640×480 and can provide multi-megapixel resolution and HDTV image quality
- Flexibility: IP cameras can be moved around anywhere on an IP network (including wireless).
- Distributed intelligence: with IP cameras, video analytics can be placed in the camera itself allowing scalability in analytics solutions.
- Transmission of commands for PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) cameras via a single network cable.
- Encryption & authentication: IP cameras offer secure data transmission through encryption and authentication methods such as WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP & AES
- Remote accessibility: Live video from selected cameras can be viewed from any computer, anywhere, and also from many mobile smartphones and other devices.
- IP cameras are able to function on a wireless network.
- Power over Ethernet: IP cameras have the ability to operate without an additional power supply, and can draw power from the existing data network
Driven by increased security concerns, in both the public and private sectors, the video surveillance market is consistently growing. As the technology shifts, and continues to improve, more and more customers position themselves to take advantage of the flexibility, scalability and cost effectiveness of IP Surveillance.
UNDSL has partnered with market leaders in the IP Video Surveillance arena, and is able to offer solutions for all types of industry verticals: from Banking and Finance to Retail and Industrial, UNDSL can help you design and deploy a surveillance solution suited to your unique budget and business requirements.
UNDSL can help you to leverage your existing Local Area Network to improve the security of your organizations’people, property and assets, and empowering you to achieve your company’s vision and potential.